Beyond the Bell
Clubs, Activities, Sports, and Field Trips at Your School
Tacoma Public Schools and community partners have come together to offer Beyond the Bell activities for students in grades K-5 and Club Beyond activities for students in grades 6-8. Login to your Compass: TPS Family App account and visit the activities page to see what options are available at your student's school.
Session 4 Dates
- Register: April 3-21
- Activities held May 1-June 16
- View program schedules by school
May 26 Snow Make-Up Day Camp
- Space is limited, registration opens April 3
- View grades K-5 day camp flier
- View grades 6-8 day camp flier
Register on Compass the Family App starting April 3
Grades K-5: Flexible Pricing for 2022-2023 School Year
Beyond the Bell partners want to ensure that every student has access to affordable after school experiences.
When you register, you will see three payment options per session. If you are not sure what your family is qualified for please select what you have qualified for in the past or select the best option based on your family’s current need.
- $96 per activity
- Qualify for Reduced-priced Lunch: $48 per activity
- Qualify for Free Lunch: $0 per activity
The actual cost per activity is about $320. Discounted rates are offered thanks to Tacoma Creates, private philanthropy, City of Tacoma, Pierce County, Greentrike, Metro Parks Tacoma, Tacoma Public Schools and individual donors -- leveraging resources to help reduce fees for ALL Tacoma families.
Every dollar paid goes directly to the Beyond the Bell program, helping make activities more affordable and accessible for every child. Cost should never be a barrier for any family, so further fee waiver assistance/scholarships are available to help. Call Metro Parks Tacoma at 253-305-1030 for additional information.
View sessions on compass the family app
- Session 1: September 26 - November 18 (Registration open Aug. 29 - Sept. 16)
- Session 2: December 6 - February 10 (Registration open Nov. 7 - Nov. 25)
- Session 3: February 21 - April 21 (Registration open Jan. 23 - Feb. 10)
- Session 4: May 1 - June 16 (Registration open April 3 - April 21)